Wow, I forgot to prepare the annual summary of the year... maybe because for the first time in forever I didn't spend the New Year at home, but at a party... Anyway, here it comes:
- I passed most of the subjects during the finals, so even though I did have to retake some, I have finished most of the courses.
- I became an uncle :3 In January my sister gave birth to a pretty red-haired daughter, who immediately conquered the hearts of the family. Perhaps because it was the first child in my closest family (i.e. not counting my cousins or their children) since I was born
- I moved out of the flat on Glogowska street. That place was pretty depressing, with basically nowhere to go (some adjacent streets were nice, but like I said before, I have a feeling that those who live there either cannot afford to move out or are too old to do so. I heard it was once quite representative place, but it's definitely not now), and I grew tired with it over the four years. I've found a very nice flat in Jezyce district, where I always wanted to live, and though it's slightly more expensive, I think it's worth the money. Everything's close to it - my school, favourite places, train station - and despite heavy traffic it's a calm, peaceful street.
- I managed to take some trips: to York, to see the famous York Minster; to Gostyn, to attend Military Zone Meeting; and to Warsaw, for a weekend trip with my cousin.
- I rediscovered video games after about 10 years of not playing in anything. I finished Half-Life and both expansion packs (Opposing Force and Blue Shift) and Portal, and started Half-Life 2 (I also have both episodes, but not installed yet), Portal 2, Mirror's Edge, and joined Team Fortress 2 as WhiskyBravo. On the other hand, I've quit World of Tanks: I grew tired of kids that played more than 10 games and already thought they're the goddamn Feldmarshal Erwin Rommel. Most of them had not a slighest clue about armoured warfare. Though I still watch Jingles' videos, they're too good to miss. And I just may start playing War Thunder, but I need to get a better controler: yes, I've shot down 10 planes in 3 missions, but it's annoying to fly with keyboard and mouse.
- But most importantly, I attended Pyrkon Fantasy Convent, and I had fun like not in a long time. It was three days of cosplays, conventions, lecture, contests, shopping etc. Can't wait for the 2015 edition
- Sadly the biggest disadvantage of this year was that in September, due to a conflict with my teacher, I didn't pass one of the courses and now I cannot finish my BA studies until I retake it I don't wish even my worst enemies to have classes with that lady: cold, sarcastic and uncaring, she basically killed my will to study and fight to pass.
- Because of that failed exam, several other trips that I planned had to be cancelled: Tricity (Gdansk-Sopot-Gdynia), Wroclaw, Krakow, Łódź etc.
-I still have a tonne of unfinished models, and I don't think I'll be able to finish them anytime soon. The record-setting Ho-229 sits in the "Unfinished" box since 2011 or so.
All in all, the year took of wonderfully, but from May onwards there was a constant downward tendency. At the lowest moment I was two steps from complete mental breakdown; fortunately I did have the happier moments from February-April to go back to. I'm glad that 2014 is over now, but I'd be lying if I said I'm looking forward to what 2015 will bring: I'm just gonna do it Adrian Shepard style, go with the flow and try to adapt.